Sir John Monash Scholarship for Excellence, awarded as the Singapore Alumni ASEAN Scholarship is currently receiving applications from interested and eligible international students. The goal of the this scholarship programme is to change lives by supporting financially disadvantaged students from the ASEAN region to study at Monash University.
The prestigious Singapore Alumni ASEAN Scholarship is generously funded by a group of Monash alumni who live and work in Singapore – alumni who are passionate about making an outstanding international education available to young people from the region.
Table of Content
About Monash University
Monash University take great pride in their vibrant international community. With 12 campuses and teaching locations across 4 continents, they are one of the Australia’s largest universities. As an international student, you can look forward to a truly international experience. Wherever you came from – far or near, Monash university welcome you and invite you to explore it’s offerings in your own.
Monash University Singapore Alumni ASEAN
Aim and Benefits of Monash University Singapore Alumni ASEAN
Successful applicants for Singapore Alumni ASEAN Scholarship will receive the following benefits:
- Tuition fees
- $14,000 AUD allowance per year
- On-campus accommodation. You must apply directly to Monash Residential Services (MRS) for on-campus accommodation.
- Student visa costs
- Additional $3,000 AUD one-off establishment payment in the first year
- One return flight in the first year
Requirements for Monash University Singapore Alumni ASEAN Qualification
To be eligible for Singapore Alumni ASEAN Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be a citizen of an ASEAN country https://www.dfat.gov.au/geo/southeast-asia
- Apply for a full-time Monash course offer in any single degree, at Monash University, at a campus in Australia
- Applicants that have not previously studied at Monash
- Applicants must demonstrate that you come from a low income household
- Applicants must have not commenced university study at any institution
Interview date, Process and Venue for Monash University Singapore Alumni ASEAN
- The scholarship will be awarded based on outstanding academic achievement and financial disadvantage.
- Students will be assessed on their personal aspiration statement (750 words) and financial support statement (500 words) and interview performance.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark of 50.
- You must maintain a full-time study load.
All applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application by 19 August 2022.
July 17, 2022
How to Apply
To apply and be considered for the Singapore Alumni ASEAN Scholarship, applicants are to follow the steps (below) in addition to applying a study place at Monash University, Australia:
For more details, click here